Laboratory Tested solutions for the highest quality
Since 2015, solidian has been operating its own material laboratory, which is tailored to the very special requirements of non-metallic reinforcements and is constantly being expanded. All test methods required for an almost complete characterization of the non-metallic reinforcements were either developed themselves or adopted from current research projects and standards. This enables solidian to evaluate its own product developments very quickly and to be almost independent of external test facilities. Individual wishes of customers can also be implemented here and the load-carrying behaviour of the non-metallic reinforcements can be evaluated with customer-provided concretes.
Optimised solutions for the highest quality in construction with non-metallic reinforcement
solidian pays particular attention to a holistic view of material behaviour. For example, not only the properties of the reinforcement products itself but also their behaviour in concrete or particular concrete elements are investigated. In a reinforced concrete element, several interfaces form, for example between the fibers and the used resin or also between the reinforcement product and the concrete used. In the concrete element, combined influences from continuous load, humidity, temperature and alkaline environment are present, which must be taken into account.
the materials laboratory currently has the following equipment and testing options
- 600 kN universal tensile testing machine with newly developed clamping jaws for sensitive glass and carbon fiber strands, rebars as well as for reinforced concrete tensile specimens
- temperature test chamber for testing all properties in the operating temperature range up to 80°C
- high-temperature test chamber for temperatures up to 1000°C for the investigation of fire scenarios
- test setups for the determination of the bonding behavior of reinforcing bars and grids in concrete
- dynamic-mechanical analysis (DMA) for the examination of material stiffness depending on temperature (-50°C to 400°C)
- test chambers with alkaline solutions for accelerated aging up to 60 °C to determine strength losses of glass fibers
- bending device for the examination of reinforced plates with regard to flexural strength, deflection and multiple cracking
- two concrete labs for the own production of all required concrete test specimens.
- mini pultrusion line for the production of test specimens from glass- and carbon-fiber-reinforced plastics on a laboratory scale
- test benches for reinforcement grids with superimposed action of tensile force, alkaline solution and temperature
in cooperation with our parent company Groz-Beckert we have direct access to several chemical and analytical methods
- scanning electron microscopy with element mapping to evaluate the laminate quality of our products
- reflected light and transmitted light microscopy
- thermogravimetric analysis (TGA)
- dynamic scanning calorimetry (DSC) for an optimization of curing cycles
- rotational rheometer to optimize pot life and processing viscosities of resins